This is part 1 of a short webinar on the interactions of the functional anatomy and physiology of the GI system.
Listen to the unique anatomical arrangements and the neurophysiology connections.
A glance at this episode:
- [1:00] Where the visceral organs are located in the abdominal cavity
- [3:35] The neurology of the GI System
- [5:44] The parasympathetic and sympathetic pathways of the gut
- [7:32] Nervous pathways from the brain to the spine
- [9:34] Muscarinic receptors in the digestive system
- [11:14] What is the mesenteric system
- [13:22] Endocrine cells in the gut
- [15:32] Why stress over time can be damaging to the gut system