In this episode, we discuss the most important systemic and movement system presentations that can greatly impact this population. We cover unhelpful language, true risk factors, and functional problem-solving for these clients.
We also discuss what is really happening in the biopsychosocial approach, and especially why self-efficacy is so important.
There is usually a ten-year lag from published research to accepted practice in clinical arenas. Pelvic girdle pain in Pregnancy is no exception.
A glance at this episode:
- [3:30] Background on Pelvic Girdle Pain
- [9:34] What language you should be using when working with pregnant women with pelvic pain
- [18:43] Do pelvic girdle belts work
- [21:16] Sleep is a huge issue
- [25:25] 3 powerful questions for pregnant patients
- [27:47] The benefit of exercise throughout pregnancy
- [32:27] Dispelling the myths about movement in pregnancy
- [38:45] Finding out eating habits about your patient