In this episode, Erica discusses the fine points of what to do when your patient stops improving. AKA a plateau.
Problem-solving through a patient plateau requires sound clinical reasoning and a reflection back to the patient’s story. Looking at the injury and movement history-there can be a clue there. Change their COM and reassess another movement pattern.
Listen in as Erica gives you the steps to take when this happens to you. A case example is also presented to illustrate the point. Ultimately, challenging the human movement system in different ways along with an objective look at the patient’s narrative will give you your answer.
A glance at this episode:
- [2:15] Going back to the patient’s story
- [4:06] Reassess the sport that your paitent plays
- [5:50] Reassess your assessment
- [7:45] When problem solving a plateau
- [10:02] Reassess the patient’s story
- [12:01] Finding his center of mass
- [13:52] Training the center of mass
- [15:16] The progress of the knee rehabilitation