In this episode Susan and Erica welcome a Tough To Treat listener, Megan Barclay.
Megan brings a case of a patient who continues to suffer neuralgia after a bout of shingles, along with persistent neck pain.
Listen to the client’s history, significant findings, and differentials as we navigate this client’s journey and discuss relevant findings.
There is also a rich discussion on possible interventions targeting many points of the trigeminal system and cranial region.
A glance at this episode:
- [1:25] Neck pain and potential causes with a physical therapist
- [8:39] Post-shingles symptoms and treatment
- [16:32] Patient’s neck and shoulder pain, possible causes and treatments
- [24:38] Treating a patient with neck and head issues
- [28:55] Pain perception and treatment for cervical and lumbar issues
- [30:16] Improving balance and reducing trigeminal symptoms through exercises
- [33:31] Treating neck and back issues with physical therapy and nutrition
- [41:09] Treating a patient with chickenpox
- [43:28] Shingles treatment and empowerment
- [46:12] Exercise and posture for chronic pain management