In this episode, Susan and Erica welcome Darcie Pervier to the mic!
Darcie is a pelvic health and orthopedic PT who practices a fully integrative approach to complex client care. Susan, Erica, and Darcie really delve into “brainstorming” various aspects of examination and intervention in connecting some dots on this complex canvas.
Dural issues, fracture healing, bone health red flags, thoracic stiffness, neural tension, and GI visceral systems are tied together to help guide more meaningful interventions for this client.
Hint: How to get a client to do some nervous system regulation when they don’t want to!
A glance at this episode:
- [1:36] Patient’s chronic pain and health history
- [9:47] Patient’s medical history and physical exam findings
- [13:40] Patient’s lower back pain and potential neural tension testing
- [21:24] Cancer survivor’s pelvic floor issues and potential treatments
- [25:50] Patient’s strengths and weaknesses in physical therapy exercises
- [27:59] Treating pelvic floor dysfunction and GI issues through manual therapy
- [35:37] Abdominal breathwork and body mechanics
- [41:19] Managing a complex patient with back pain