Clients often have chronic low back pain as a primary or secondary issue.
It is often combined in complex presentations where addressing one issue is usually not going to generate optimal results.
In this episode, Susan and Erica discuss the obvious and not-so-obvious drivers in this client with chronic low back pain and constipation/bloating!
They discuss the varied evidence that helps in determining not only the main drivers of this presentation but also emphasize the reality of utilization of the full systems and whole body consideration in care.
Breath and balance play an important role. Don’t miss it!
A glance at this episode:
- [3:56] Physical therapy for lower back pain
- [7:46] Chronic low back pain and chronic constipation
- [12:55] The thoracic spine and chronic low back pain
- [18:47] The importance of balance
- [21:37] Breathwork and the sympathetic nervous system
- [28:41] Reframing the question