This episode is all about low back pain with a pelvis component in a 33-year-old male weightlifter.
Erica and Susan discuss how his history of chronic low back pain along with some bowel issues played a significant role in how he recruits muscles under load.
Some highlights include why pelvic taping helped in this case, how to perform the same movement pattern in different positions, why assessing the pelvis was necessary, and the clinical reasoning as to how to differentiate whether it was an overactive anterior-posterior chain.
A glance at this episode:
- [5:42] What triggered this patient’s symptoms
- [8:33] The primary driver for his low back pain, it’s not what you think
- [12:49] What’s the lower extremity component of his problem
- [19:50] Diarrhea, constipation, and how it relates to his symptoms
- [25:38] Letting go of the coccygeal muscles
- [32:25] Mass movement patterns and internal rotation